We share some the key things we’ve learned setting up and maintaining our social media channels & none of them cost a thing to do. It’s important to set up and maintain your social media marketing presence in the right way, even if you have no or very little budget. Then, when your business does grow, you have a great social media foundation to build on.
Here at Carbon Pixel we use Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and here’s a few tips we’ve learnt along the way:
1. Plan - Start by creating a plan or strategy and stick to it! There’s plenty of free resources out there if you need a template to follow, see the link below.
2. Consistency - Be consistent with your message across all the channels you use.
3. Use your posts well - Use your posts to advertise your business, product or service but also provide information, support and solve problems for others.
4. Join groups - Look for groups on Facebook and Linkedin, join and share your content with them.
5. Create engaging content - Make sure your content is concise, engaging and links back to your website. Use visual imagery - it’s proven that posts with image or videos have far more engagement than those without.
6. Use the right tools - Use a social media management tool - this makes the managing of your content across the multiple channels so much easier. We use Hootsuite which is easy to set up and simple to use.
7. Use Facebook for Business - Make sure your Facebook page is a Facebook Business Page not a Personal Profile page.
8. Use Facebook Calls to Action - Make sure you add a call to action that Facebook make available. This could be a Learn More button with a link to your website or Call now with a tap to make a phone call.
9. Review analytics Review the analytics of your posts - note the ones with the most activity and do follow-ups or series on same topic.
10. Post at the right time - Post when you know the channel is most active. There are various statistics on this, take a look at the links below. You will also be able to figure this out from your own stats if you vary the posting times and analyse what's going on.
If you need any help or support with your social media, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us email@example.com.